"Peace be with you" - that's one of the most comforting phrases I can imagine hearing. This world is so chaotic, disappointing, stressful, and full of striving. Taking on the peace of God is freeing and brings contentment in the midst of the stress and trials.
As some of you know about a month ago my 2nd child, Alec (10 years old), was diagnosed with a osteochondroma. That's a big word which basically means he has a growth on his femur bone, near his knee. There's 99% chance it's benign so there's really nothing to worry about, but my nurse brain keeps thinking about that other 1%....malignant. Those are ominous, scary words.
On page 61 Lysa says, "The peace that flows despite circumstances can only be found through Jesus being with us."
I'm writing this a few days before our appointment (February 1) since I don’t know what will be done and if we'll end up staying at UVA. So, by the time you read this it will be over and I'll have some answers. Right now though, my heart wants to be fearful.
BUT…I'm not fearful, for the most part. I'm at peace. I know that whatever road God has us going down - surgery, cancer, death - I can walk it. Because HE is with me!!
This realization hasn't come overnight. It's come as I've meditated on His Word, as I've written it down, prayed God's promises back to him, and reminded myself of truth when my heart starts to fear. The truth is - God is FOR Alec, He knows the plans He has for my son and they are for his good and for HIS glory! Taking the time each morning before email, before Facebook to meet with my Savior is making the difference in how I'm facing this difficulty. His peace encompasses me through out the day lifting me up and reassuring me of His care for my family and for me.
DISCUSSION: What are you fearful of right now? How can you apply this Scripture to your life - "Peace be with you."